Laser machines for acoustics: micro-drilling for sound-absorbing panels
Laser machines can also be used in the acoustics sector due to the very high accuracy and speed of processing. The laser micro-drilling of materials such as wood, veneer and plastics allows making sound-absorbing panels in a very short time and with perfect results. The laser beam processing stands out for the extreme neatness of edges as well as the rapidity of its realization. Those are the ideal advantages to get thousands of holes that are almost visually indiscernible though functional in sound absorbing. In addition, the OT-LAS laser machines use a minimum quantity of power for processing, thus allowing considerable saving of costs and resources. For this reason, they also stand out from an environment-friendly point of view with a low impact on the environment.
CX Micro-perforation laser machine
CX Micro-perforation is the latest-generation system that was specifically designed and developed in order to revolutionize the sound reduction field. The soundproof panels mainly aim to deaden and absorb sound.
Those micro-perforated are made up of plastic or wood and feature thousands of small holes in their surface, having diameters and thicknesses that affect the sound absorption capacity.Product details
CX Micro-perforation laser machine
CX Micro-perforation is the latest-generation system that was specifically designed and developed in order to revolutionize the sound reduction field.
Advantages of laser systems in the acoustics sector.
When it comes to accuracy processing, the laser is an unparalleled technology. Remote processing and control through state-of-the-art software packages allow maintaining very high quality even in cutting and engraving but above all lower-than-a-millimeter micro-holes. The laser machine high performance also optimizes manufacturing time making any realization easier and faster, with no finishing required. That is the reason why laser machines perfectly lend themselves to the acoustics sector in which the component quality is essential for the ideal performance. Due to laser micro-drilling, the realization of wood or veneer sound-absorbing panels acquires precision and speed. In addition, it prevents any material and power waste.
Here are some laser advantages for acoustics:
- High production speed
- No tool change during processing operations
- Flexibility and customization
- Neat and sealed edges even in case of micro-holes
- No material waste
- Rapid and precise micro-drilling
- Minimum use of power resources
- Micro-drilling would be impossible through other systems
Why choose OT-LAS for the Acoustics sector?
OT-LAS designs and develops in-house all of the machines, using proprietary technology and material excellence only. That results in new-generation laser machines featuring above-average performance and high levels of customization. A very high-definition optical system allows accuracy that could not be possible by means of any other systems. Furthermore, the OT-LAS laser machines are also suitable for processing of large-sized pieces, while guaranteeing high performance and customizable configurations.
Here are some advantages we can offer you:
- Proprietary technology: every OT-LAS laser machine is directly designed and manufactured in-house. Here is why we can guarantee the utmost quality and traceability of any component.
- Bespoke configurations: in-house design of our machines allow supporting customers with bespoke configurations for their production needs.
- Specialist service: our highly-qualified technicians are at your service for any operation you may need, due to a complete technical support and expertise.
- Best performance: our machines are equipped with a very high-definition optical system and the most powerful laser sources in the market. That results in the best performance in terms of accuracy, power and speed.
Materials suitable for laser machines for acoustics:
- Laminated wood
- Veneer wood