Leather Laser Cutting and Engraving
Leather can be marked, perforated, engraved and cut. The laser technology is used in the finishing stage of the production cycle, to give the final visual/tactile result, with a view to keeping the natural aspect of the material and giving/preserving softness and eco-friendly aspect.
Leather is a material used in several fields: from fashion to furnishing, to the automotive field. With Ot-Las laser systems, interesting applications for marking, cutting and perforating natural and artificial leather have been created.
The Ot-las systems high performances offer unlimited possibilities of use.
Considerable effects can also be obtained by working haired leather where, after hair removal, drawn low-reliefs can be obtained. Laser cutting can be applied to natural skin, artificial skin and microfiber.
Why using laser to cut leather?
- Leather is a delicate material; since there is no direct contact with the laser beam during cutting operation, the risk of damages is reduced
- Cutting is always very accurate, even with complex drawings
- Edges are always accurate and there is no need for additional finishing: saving of time and money
- Leather must not be fixed during working, since there is no contact or pressure by the laser beam
- No problem of laser wear and tear
Which leather objects can be made by laser cutting?
Many products can be obtained by laser cutting and engraving: from entire leathers, shoe uppers, bags, to leather goods and much more.